Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Who am I? (Professional)

My name is Joanna Ghosh, and I am an American teacher and administrator for university-level English as a Second Language (ESL) Programs.  I have worked in American Community Colleges, State Universities and Ivy League Institutions.  I have also taught English and conducted teacher training in Jiang Su Province, China. 

My family recently moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where I was the Manager for University-Based ESL Programs at the University of Pennsylvania.  I served as an administrator and instructor of English support programs for University-enrolled students.  My programs included Legal English for LLM students, Communication Strategies for Dental Students and International Teaching Assistant Testing and Training. I have extensive experience with standardized testing and am a trained rater for TOEFL iBT speaking, ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview, SPEAK and Interactive Performance Testing. 

My family moved to Hartford, Connecticut in 2011 at which time I began teaching ESL at the University of Connecticut American English Language Institute.  I enjoy working with students from around the world and hope to provide useful and practical English language learning support here on PowerPro English.

No comments:

Post a Comment