Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Who am I? (Personal)

If you walk into my home you will hear multiple languages, smell spicy foods and enjoy photos from around the world.   I enjoy cooking, being creative, traveling and learning about other cultures and I endeavor to share these interests with my two children, ages 3 and 6.

I have traveled to 15 countries and though I haven't done much international travel lately, there are many more countries on my list of must-see destinations.  People have asked me which destination I liked best, but I find it impossible to answer this question since each place is so wonderfully unique and exciting.  When I travel, I try to immerse myself in the culture.  I am far more interested in learning the lifestyle and values of the people than I am in visiting tourist attractions.  Of course, I still enjoy visiting museums and popular places in each destination. 


When I have free time at home, you'll find me cooking or creating something.  I enjoy exploring new foods and creating original recipes to share with my family of adventurous eaters.  This week for example we have had spicy noodles, sushi, Indian curry and American barbeque beef.  I also love to bake and often make cake, pie, cookies or other baked treats that we all enjoy. When I'm not cooking, I'm probably doing arts and crafts of some kind.   I like photography, scrapbooking, crochet, jewelry making and sewing.  My children often get creative with me, too.  This week we made felt art with penguins in honor of the cold winter weather we're having here in Connecticut. 


I hope this blog can be another expression of my creativity as well as a way to meet people from across the globe and learn about the wealth of interesting culture and tradition in this shrinking world of ours.  



No comments:

Post a Comment